It has become very important for you to secure your computers from external threats and virus attacks. Once a virus enters your system it could create various problems. To avoid these threats and viruses you just have to install McAfee Total Protection on all your systems. For doing this you just need to visit McAfee.com/Activate and you will be able to download, install and activate McAfee Total Protection in your system. McAfee Total Protection suit has the ability to protect and secure your multiple devices from external threats and virus attacks. There is a chance that you might face a common installation error 12002 while installing McAfee Total Protection in your system. When this error appears, it crashes the active program window. Your PC will frequently crash which is not healthy for your computer system. Your system might freeze at a time because of this error. Following are the causes of the McAfee Installation Error 12002:
- Incomplete installation or corrupt download can interrupt the installation process.
- Your system drivers might not be compatible with the software.
- Sometimes a malware infection corrupts the Windows system files.
- Another program may have deleted the files related to McAfee.
- Fault in system settings.
All the above mentioned causes can lead to McAfee Installation error 12002 and affect the productivity your system.
You can fix this error by repairing the registry entries related to Error 12002. Following are the steps to resolve this error:
- Click on the start button of your system, type “Command” in the search bar and press enter.
- Open the command prompt to edit the registry.
- Press Control + Shift key and hold them. Now press the enter button while holding the Control + Shift key using your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” in the command prompt and press enter.
- After the registry editor is open select the key associated with the Error 12002 for the backup.
- Click on File and select Export.
- Select the folder to save the backup key.
- Type the name in the File Name box for your backup and then select the selected branch in the Export Range box.
- Select the .reg extension and click on save button to save the backup file.
Delete the Temp Files:
- Click on the start button of your system and type “Run” in the search bar and press enter. Or press Windows + R key simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type %Temp% in the search box and press enter.
- Right click on the Temp folder and then click on “Delete”.
- Click on “Yes” to confirm the deletion of Temp folder from your system.
- Once the removal is finished restart your system in order to save the changes you have made.
Delete Temp files using Disk cleanup:
- Click on the start button of your system.
- Type command in the search and then press enter while holding the Ctrl + Shift.
- Type “cleanmgr” in the command prompt and press enter to initiate the disk cleanup.
- Disk cleanup will calculate how much space is occupied by temp files.
- Select the folder you want to remove and then click OK to delete the folder.
If you are still unable to fix the issue even after following the mentioned solutions then just visit McAfee.com/Activate for further assistance and support.