With the increase in cyber threat, it is very imperative the user must protect their mobile device from getting hacked. For security, the user should install McAfee antivirus via www.mcafee.com/activate. In this blog, you will read the signs that your phone has been hacked.
Signs That Your Phone Has Been Hacked:
- Slow Performance and Battery Drain:
When your phone gets old, it becomes sluggish and cannot be able to charge. But if you find the same behaviors with the new phone, then it might be the signs of compromised phone. This is because malicious apps run in the background and cause lots of performance issues like they eat up your phone’s battery. Hence, you should beware when your phone becomes slow and if it is not charged properly.
- If Your Phone Becomes Hot Immediately:
If malicious apps are running in the background, then it will burn the computing power, reduces the battery life and also eats up your data. It will not only slow down the performance of your mobile, but it will also makes your phone running hot or even overheat. This is a clear sign that malware is present in your phone.
- If Pop Ups appears on your Phone Suddenly:
If incase, the user is seeing more popup ads than usual then it is a sign that your phone has been affected with adware. These pop up ads helps to generate revenue by sending ads without the consent of the user. But also keep in mind these ads can be malicious in nature, so it is advised you should never click on them. These ads mislead the user to purchase products and services so that the hackers can steal personal information from your device. So, always gets aware when you see so many pop up ads in your device, as this is a sign of adware.
- Suspicious Apps, Calls or Texts Appear:
If you view new apps in your device which you do not download and also lot of data is used from your device, then its possible that your phone is hacked. And if you see calls in your phone bill which you didn’t make, then also it is a warning sign.
- If you Run Out of Data or view Unknown Charges Pop up:
If you view an unknown charge or payment in your bank statement, then this is a clear sign that cybercriminal has hacked your phone and they are using it to transfer the data, making purchases, also sending messages from your device and they are making calls from your phone.
Protect Your Phone From Getting Hacked:
- The user should install McAfee antivirus via www.mcafee.com/activate in order to protect your device from internet threat like malware and virus.
- If the user is using public Wi-Fi, then they must use VPN to make public network private.
- You should keep strong and unique passwords for all your accounts. For generating complex password, you should use Password Manager.
- You should turn on the device tracking feature in your device, in order to locate your phone if they get stolen or lost.
For installing McAfee antivirus, you should go to the official site via www.mcafee.com/activate.