About this release
In this article, I am providing all the details about McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.1. I would recommend reading this article before upgrading to this release.
You will be able to get all the details on mcafee.com/activate.
This release was developed for use with:
- McAfee® Endpoint Security 10.6.x
- McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® (McAfee® ePO™) 5.3.1 and later
- McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® Cloud (McAfee® ePO™ Cloud)
- McAfee® MVISION ePO
There are some new features added and solution of the previous release is available in this new release.
We highly recommend to installing these releases.
There are several new features are added in this new release. Visit mcafee.com/activate for getting a detailed idea.
- Installation and upgrade
- Added Support for case sensitivity
- McAfee® MVISION Endpoint Uninstalls — The installer uninstalls McAfee MVISION Endpoint if it’s present on the client system before continuing with the installation.
- Support for Microsoft Windows anti-malware service protection
- Microsoft product support
- Microsoft Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- Endpoint Security Common
- Endpoint Security Web Control
There are a lot of issues has been resolved by this release. Here we have listed all the issues which are solved by this update.
Resolved 1238934, 1241660, 1242888, 1241800, 1244858, 1246343, 1247126, 1249888, 1251931, 1252011
Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Protection
Resolved 1225548, 1229868, 1242894
Endpoint Security Common:
Resolved 1222359, 1236546, 1239625, 1246420
Endpoint Security Firewall
Resolved 1209817, 1210839, 1214247, 1223229, 1232777, 1238337, 1239127, 1241115, 1245977, 1249305
Endpoint Security Threat Prevention
Resolved 1207741, 1212782, 1224493, 1228048, 1228513, 1229082, 123026, 1230484, 1233810, 1234259, 1236052, 1238673, 1240657, 1243233, 1244821, 1246046, 1247353, 1248764, 1250085, 1250306
Endpoint Security Web Control
Resolved 1225364 and 1239725
Use this information while installing Endpoint Security.
Need a Windows system for the installation.
This new release support upgrading from the previous version.
Endpoint Security content files
You have to manually update your McAfee ePO server with the latest AMCore, ATP, and Exploit Prevention content files required for Endpoint Security.
AMCore content packages consist of ATP content. McAfee releases new ATP content files every month. For information about the latest ATP content, see the McAfee TIE and ATP Security Content Release Notes.
- McAfee ePO 5.3.1 and later
- McAfee ePO Cloud
- McAfee MVISION ePO
- McAfee Agent 5.0.5, 5.0.2 & 5.5.1
Installation and upgrade tools
McAfee ePO offers tools to install and update Endpoint Security. You can download it from the software manager.
- Security Package Designer — It Creates a single, custom Endpoint Security installation package and it consists post-release hotfix packages.
- Endpoint Migration Assistant — It can migrate custom policy settings when you upgrade legacy products to Endpoint Security.
- Endpoint Upgrade Assistant — it automates and makes the tasks easy which required upgrading environments to Endpoint Security.
- Endpoint Package Creator — With Endpoint Upgrade Assistant, it creates an installation package for use with third-party deployment solutions.
Getting product information by email
For receiving product information via email you have to sign up on https://sns.secure.mcafee.com/signup_login and select your product information options.
Where to find product documentation
You can find product documentation on docs.mcafee.com and supporting content on support.mcafee.com.
Additional Endpoint Security information
You can visit Endpoint Security Expert Center and can get more details on that. View the FAQs part and you will surely get all your answers.
Still if you need any help and assistance, you can go to www.mcafee.com/activate and you will get a perfect solution for all your issues.