Nowadays, mobile devices are lost or stolen and sometimes they are accessed by hackers. If this occurs, then all your confidential and personal information gets exposed. You become vulnerable to identity theft. But with McAfee Anti-Theft feature, the user can monitor their device and it can install via www.mcafee.com/activate. In this blog, you will read the method to setup McAfee Anti-theft feature on your device.
Method To Set Up McAfee Anti-Theft:
Before McAfee Anti-Theft feature secures your device, you have to first set it up on your device. On the setup wizard guides, you have to select the security questions and answers in order to protect your account, and then select your settings.
1. You should ensure that your device is connected to the Internet.
2. After this, you should double-click on the McAfee Anti-Theft icon which is present in your taskbar.
3. Now from the Home Page, you should tap on Set up.
4. McAfee will ask to create an Anti-Theft password, if your device is locked down, or its files are locked.
5. You have to give an email address, so that you receive important updates about your device’s status.
6. At last, you have to track your device’s location in case your device loss or theft.
McAfee Anti-Theft Web Console:
Through McAfee Anti-Theft Web Console, you can remotely mark your device as lost or stolen, you can track your device location, just lock it down and also you can use other features from other device’s browser.
- Log in to your account from any device’s browser: The user can access the web console, just by logging in to My Account with their My Account email address and password.
- Review and change Device’s state: You can update your device’s state, if it is lost or stolen.
- Set your device to Normal Mode: From the web console, if you make any changes to the settings then you should ensure that your device is in normal mode.
- Mark your device as lost or stolen: In case, your device is missing, then you should quickly mark it as lost or stolen. And you can track its location or just lock it down.
- Track your Device’s Location: If your device has internet connection and it’s device tracking feature is on, then your device will transmit its location. From the web console’s mapping feature, you can view your device location history.
- Lock down your lost or stolen device: In case, your device gets lost or stolen, then you can lock down your device immediately so that nobody can use your device. After locking down, your device can be unlocked with your Anti-Theft password.
- Unlock your device: The user can unlock their locked device by using their Anti-Theft password.
- Set device tracking: With Device tracking, you can track your device’s location if your device is connected to the Internet.
- Set File Protection: You can set File protection, as it will automatically encrypts all the files present in the My Documents folder. It also encrypts your Microsoft Office files and Microsoft Money files etc. so that only you can open those files.
- Set Auto-lock timer: The auto-lock timer feature control for how many days your device can be disconnected from the Internet before it is locked.
With McAfee Anti-Theft feature, you can easily monitor your device if it is lost or stolen. For info related to McAfee, go to mcafee.com/activate.