As cyber threats are rapidly increasing these days. But we cannot stop the use of Internet because today all the people gather information through internet. And most of the organization is totally depend upon the computers. As you cannot stop the use of internet as well as computers, you have found some protective measures against these cyber threats like malware and viruses. So, McAfee antivirus gives complete protection to your device against all malicious programs. You can install this antivirus through Mcafee.com/activate. This antivirus does not allow the hackers to access your device and it monitors and controls your network traffic.
Ransomware is a type of malicious software which blocks the user to access their computer system or computer files until a sum ransom is paid. Their work is to encrypt the file which is on the affected computer and make them inaccessible, in return demand for the ransom payment to restore access. They attack on the high profile victims like hospitals, public schools, and police departments. Ransomware takes place because of the poor protection practices.
How to prevent your device from Ransomware?
- It is an advice to the users that do not pay the ransom because it only encourages the fraud. And also there is no guarantee that you get the access of your files back after paying the ransom. So, strictly do not pay the ransom.
- Always restore your files in cloud storage as a backup because in case of data loss you will get the quick access to your files from the backup.
- Do not provide personal information to any of the emails, text message, or phone calls. If you or your coworkers get any kinds of calls contact your IT departments.
- It is very necessary that you Install McAfee antivirus via www.mcafee.com/activate in your device and enable the firewall setting. And also keep your antivirus software updated all the time because it gives more protection to your device and data.
- All your inbound emails should be scanned and if it is send by the unknown sender and contains any suspicious link it should be blocked.
- All your system and software should be up to date because updates are very necessary for your device.
- If you have to use the public Wi-Fi then make sure that you use trustworthy VPN network while accessing on public Wi-Fi.
But if you still have any kind of doubt then you can contact to the customer care executive of McAfee via www.mcafee.com/activate. Or for more information just visit to the official website of McAfee.