WannaCry Ransomware attack has affected several organizations all over the world. It encrypts files on the infected computer system and they demand for a ransom. Hackers took advantage of the weakness in the Microsoft Window operating system and hack the computers of the users. Microsoft has released a security patch against this attack but there are many organizations which regularly do not update their operating system and becomes the easy target of the hackers. It is advised to secure your computer against ransomware attack, the user must install McAfee antivirus in their device via www.mcafee.com/activate as it gives protection from ransomware attack. It also timely scans your device to identify and blocks malware in your gadgets. In this blog, you will read the method to prevent WannaCry Ransomware Attack in your device.
Method To Prevent WannaCry Ransomware Attack:
- Regularly Update your Software and Operating System: If the user wants to protect their computer from WannaCry attack, then they must regularly update their Microsoft Windows operating system. Because the security patches which was released by Microsoft just before the attack, had given benefit to many users. As this security patch has removed the vulnerability in the OS and secure many organizations. Hence, the users must keep their software and operating system up-to-date.
- Do not Click on Malicious Links: In order to protect yourself from any online threat, it is suggested the user should not open an unfamiliar email or do not visit to a website, which they do not trust and most importantly do not click on any links. Because, clicking on any malicious or suspicious links can download a ransomware in their device.
- Do not Open Untrusted Email Attachments: The users should avoid opening any email attachments if they are not are sure that it is safe. If in case, the attachment ask you to enable macros in order to view it, then do not enable macros or do not open the attachment as it could be a ransomware or any other types of malware which can damage your device or its data.
- Do not Download Anything from Untrusted Websites: It is suggested that you should not download any files from unknown websites as it increase the risk of downloading ransomware in our device. You should only download files from the sites which you trust.
- Use VPN while Using Public Wi-Fi: When the user is using the public Wi-Fi, it is highly recommended that you must use VPN as it hides your IP address and secure your computer system and data from attack. Because, public Wi-Fi are unsecured and the easy targets for hackers.
- Install McAfee Security Software: The user can protect their computer system from all kinds of online threat by installing McAfee antivirus in their device via mcafee.com/activate. And it is recommended to get the maximum protection you should regularly update your McAfee antivirus software.
- Back up your Data: For the precautionary measures, the user should regularly backup their data if they are using an external hard drive or cloud storage to avoid becoming the victim of online attack.
For installing McAfee antivirus software, go to the official site of McAfee via www.mcafee.com/activate.