McAfee antivirus is the popular software which regularly scans your device to prevent virus from attacking your system. This software can install via mcafee.com/activate. This security product has advanced feature like Parental Control, Web cam protection, web shield protection, fast scanning, and compatibility etc. In this blog, you will read the method to configure Parental Control and Privacy Setting in McAfee antivirus.
Method to Add Child To Your Account:
- If you want to add a child to your account, then you should open the McAfee Antivirus Software in your computer system.
- After this, the application window opens up on your screen, then you will see a plus (+) sign on the screen, just click on it.
- If you tap on the Add button, then you can add a child to your account is complete.
- At this point, you should enter the details of your child, here you have to fill some entry fields.
- Now, you should enter the child’s First name and then from the drop down menu you should select the Age of the kid.
- If the user wants to know more about the restriction levels, then you should tap on the (i) icon.
- At last, you have to make sure you are adding a child under 18, just check to mark the box and then tap on the Add button.
Also click here – How McAfee Provide Complete Security Against Spyware?
Method to Configure Parental Control in McAfee:
- First, you should power on your computer system and then open the McAfee product.
- After this, you should visit to the Parental Controls tab and then hit on Parent Control.
- Now, you have to tap on Set in the Administrator Password section.
- Here, you need to type a new password and then set a hint for it.
- Then, you should tap on Next option and then a confirmation dialog box will display on your computer screen.
- At this point, you should start protection for specific child users.
- From here, you should select the appropriate age range for the specified user.
- Keep in mind that each range comes with pre-configured settings.
- When you complete the setup, then tap on Done.
- At last, you should tap on Optional Settings in order to block a specified site which has inappropriate results. For more information, tap on www.mcafee.com/activate.
Configure Privacy Setting in McAfee:
- If in case, your Windows system has Internet 6.x, then launch it. Here, you will find the Internet Options just under the Tools menu.
- If the users are in the Internet web zone, then you should set the security level to medium or lower.
- After this, you should set to the Default level option for recommended settings.
- You should activate the ActiveX controls just under the Customer level. Now, you should confirm the McAfee Antivirus Software changes just by clicking on the OK option.
- At this point, you should set the Privacy tab and then tap on Advanced.
- Now, you should check if the Override Automatic cookie handling and Always allow session are chosen and then tap on OK button.
- At last, you should exit Internet Explorer.
The above method helps to configure Parental Control and Privacy Setting in McAfee antivirus. If the customer needs more details about McAfee, then go to mcafee.com/activate.