McAfee is the wonderful security software which gives amazing features to protect the user device and data from all kind of cyber threat. And this security software can install and activate in your device through www.mcafee.com/activate. This software is perfectly used in all the gadgets like Mac, Laptop, Computer and Android Phones. It scans timely the user’s device and data and monitor’s the network traffic. McAfee antivirus software gives tips to prevent phone hijacking. Hackers basically hijack the cell phone in order to steal the personal information of the user. Through your phone, they goes to your email, other contacts, your photographs and the payment applications which are installed in your device. With this, they blackmail the ser and commit fraunds in your name. In this published blog post, you will read the steps which help you to prevent phone hijacking.
Steps to Prevent Phone Hijacking:
- Nowadays, Mobile companies are aware of this crime and they just make sure their customers are properly taken care of. Hence, they request their customers to create a PIN. So, if a customer contacts the service provider, then they are requested for a PIN. In case, you do not have a PIN, then you should call your cell phone provider and then just ensure you does not opt to turn of off when you signed up.
- If the user finds that their phone has “no signal” or it says, “Emergency calls only,”. Even when you restart your phone, then you should use another phone in order to call your cell phone provider and then immediately check the status.
- Always keep in mind that phone hijacking can also occur through phishing scams. Hence, it is advised you should not click on any suspicious links which you get in the email because hackers install malware in links and when you click on it, they secretly gets download in your device. If in case, you want to open an email, then you should open a browser and just write the address which you want to visit. For more info, tap on mcafee.com/activate.
- It is advised you should not publish your phone number in any of your social media account.
- It is suggested do not mention cryptocurrency on social media because Cryptocurrency is common forms of currency which uses in this type of crime.
- It is highly recommended that you should review your credit card bills, financial bank statements and other phone bills. If you find there is problem then you should immediately report it.
- You should not use the similar usernames and passwords in different websites. It is strictly advised you should make lengthy, complicated and difficult to guess passwords for using in different sites.
Through this way, you can stop phone hijacking. If the user needs more details about phone hijacking, then they can visit to McAfee official website. For easy installation of McAfee antivirus in your device, you should navigate to www.mcafee.com/activate.