McAfee is the popular antivirus product available in the market which gives complete protection to the users from unwanted threat. It secures your gadget from a virus, that is why many users want to install McAfee in their child device. You can install and activate this product by going to the official site of McAfee via www.mcafee.com/activate.
Method To Add Child To Your McAfee Account:
- First, if you want to add a child to your account, then you should open the Install MacAfee Antivirus Software in your computer system.
- When the application window opens up on your screen, then you will view a plus (+) sign on the screen, just tap on it.
- After you tap on the Add button, you have to enter the details of your child.
- Now, you have to enter the child’s First name and then from the drop down menu, you have to select the Age of the kid.
- If you want to know more about the restriction levels, then you should click on the (i) icon.
- If you are adding a child under 18 years of age, then you should check to mark the box and then tap on Add button.
Method To Install McAfee On Your Child Device:
- First, you have to launch the McAfee security product on your child computer.
- Then, you have to choose the Parental Controls option and then select the Parental Controls link.
- Here under the Administrator password section, you should tap on the Set option.
- You should keep the password of your choice and then enter a Password hint in the Hints field.
- After this, you should tap on OK button in the Confirmation dialog box.
- Next, you should set up protection for child user accounts.
- At this point, you should choose the Protect button and then select the age range.
- Now, you should select Optional Settings and then verify if the Block Websites has Inappropriate Images.
- At last, you should type URLs. And then tap on the Allow or Block option in order to block or give access to a URL.
Method To Schedule McAfee Automatic Full Scan on your Child Device:
- The user should go to the Home page of the software, then tap on Real-Time Scanning.
- Then, it will open the Scheduled Scan Setting page. Under this option, you should select Scheduled Scan Settings.
- From the drop down menu, you should set the scan frequency which is next to Use McAfee Scan Schedule.
- If the user wants to conserve the resources of their computer, then they should cut down the speed of scan which is under the Scan Using Minimal Resources.
- At last, when you change the preferred settings, you should tap on Apply option to save them.
With this above method, you can successfully install McAfee product in your child device. For more help, the user should visit to the site of McAfee via mcafee.com/activate.