McAfee is the famous security product which protects your device from internet threat like malware and viruses. It can install via Www.mcafee.com/activate. Sometimes, user gets the issue of McAfee not working on Window 10. In this blog, you will read the method to fix McAfee not working issues in Window 10.
McAfee Issues on Window 10:
- Real-time scanning feature gets automatically disabled.
- Presence of malware or virus in your computer system.
- If McAfee files get deleted, when you update your Operating System. Due to this, all programs may stop running.
- If you are using an unlicensed version of McAfee security program, then you will encounter installing & updating problems.
- If you have antivirus software in your Windows and you install McAfee in your device, then both the antivirus clash with each other and the user will face issues.
- The older version of McAfee antivirus in your device will result in performance issues.
- While updating McAfee Antivirus, the user can face multiple error messages.
- If the McAfee subscription gets expire without giving any notice or warning.
Method to Fix If McAfee Not Working in Window 10:
- If McAfee Software Fails To Open:
If user double-clicks on the shortcut icon of McAfee, and it did not respond or you face error. Follow below steps to fix the error:
- First, you should save your work and close all the open files. Then, restart your computer.
- Sometimes, malware is stopping the antivirus from launching. So, you should install a standalone utility Stinger provided by McAfee to detect and remove such threats.
- The user can also reinstall McAfee Antivirus. It will replace the damaged and corrupt file issue.
- If McAfee Antivirus Won’t Install On Windows 10:
- The user should use a different browser to install McAfee product.
- You should fix issues with DNS in order to solve network connectivity issues.
- You should check your network signal and restart your router.
- The user should clear DNS Caches and install McAfee Antivirus in Safe Mode.
- The user should consult McAfee Knowledge Center to fix installation issues.
- If McAfee Antivirus Scan Is Not Working:
McAfee Quick Scan Not Working:
- You should reboot the system and then verify the scanning mode is working.
- The user should enable Access Protection feature which comes in the security tool.
- You should launch the McAfee Antivirus.
- After this, visit to the General Settings and Alerts.
- Then, tap on the drop-down menu which is next to Access Protection & then tick the box which is next to Use Access Protection.
- At last, tap on Apply button & restart your computer system.
McAfee Real-Time Scanning Not Working:
- First, ensure you are running the latest version of McAfee software.
- Then, use McAfee Virtual Technician tool to fix the ‘McAfee Antivirus not working’ issue. This will fix issues while using McAfee products.
- Now, you should run the mvt.exe file. and Install the tool.
- Here, you should scan for the issues and then tap on AutoFix button to fix the problem.
- If you still find issue, then contact the McAfee Support Team.
- If McAfee Antivirus Not Updating:
- First, check your Internet connection status and then perform the McAfee update process.
- After this, you should Run McAfee Diagnose Repair Tool. It will identify and fix issues which affect McAfee Activate Products.
- You can use Pre-Install tool to fix ‘McAfee antivirus not updating’ issue. The tool prepares your PC for the installation and update McAfee software.
- If diagnostic tools do not fix ‘McAfee Antivirus Not Working’ issue, then you should reinstall the security tool.
- If you are still facing error while running McAfee Antivirus, then contact McAfee Technical Support.
With this above method, the user can fix McAfee not working in Window 10 issue. For help, visit to mcafee.com/activate.