Antivirus software is such application that is handled to defend the device from different Viruses, Rootkit, Spyware, Worms, Malware, Trojans, or other malicious software that can cause the risk to your device. To hold the device working well, the users may require installing and configuring McAfee antivirus as it gives nonstop security from every risky attack.
McAfee is one of the well-known security software and it famous for its protection functionalities. Though it’s the best product sometime user may face some issue related to McAfee. Like McAfee, users may find the problems of Internet connection after updating the McAfee. And the user may have an error log like ‘After McAfee update internet not working’ or any other. Such issues can be fixed by going through some simple steps at your place only. The primary solution is to restart the internet connection or enable-disable connection. For the more proper solution, you can also visit official help platform at www.mcafee.com/activate for any support or help.
Some of the General Difficulties in Windows 10 after updating the McAfee products are:
- Continuous errors message of “No Internet Connection”
- McAfee is not connecting to Wi-Fi
- McAfee Antivirus software blocking the internet connection
- McAfee software conflicting issues with Windows 10 OS
- System hanging or not responding after updating McAfee Software
All of the above problems can be seen in the device with Windows 10 OS after updating the McAfee software. These problems are very obvious and solvable and you just have to go through some basic steps to solve out all the issues.
Now Lets have a look at how to solve the issue of internet connection after updating McAfee software
Here we are discussing 2 of the ways to solve the internet connection issues:
- By resetting the internet connection
- By disabling the Bonjour services
- By resetting the internet connection:
You can reset internet connection in many ways like directly from system settings or run some commands on the command prompt.
- To reset internet connection in windows 10 from system settings, click on start button, then go to settings, then Network & Internet, then Status and click on Network Reset. On Network reset window click, yes to reset network. After restarting the system, you can see the fixed issues.
Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset> Reset Now>Yes
- To reset internet connection in windows 10 using command prompts, Open dialogue box by pressing the Window key with R, Then type cmd and press OK to open the command prompt. Now run the command “ipconfig/release” and press enter and wait, when code stop running, run the command “ipconfig/renew” and again press enter.
Above both methods can help you to reset internet connection so after that, you may connect your device to the internet. If issues are still there, then you can get help support from www.mcafee.com/activate.
- By disabling the Bonjour services
Again open the dialogue box by pressing the Window key with R, type “services.msc” and press enter. Now double-click on the Bonjour Service, press stop, select Disable from the drop-down menu, apply it and restart your system.
Now you can connect your device to your internet connection but if these all processes are not working then you may have to reinstall the McAfee software without the firewall. So uninstall McAfee software, again install McAfee software and during the installation process, select the custom install, and deselect the firewall, complete the installation process, restart your system.
Hope these all can help you to solve out the issues of internet connection after McAfee software update if there are any other questions then comment here or visit www.mcafee.com/activate.