McAfee antivirus is an effective product which is used by many companies to secure their devices from cyber threat. It can be easily installed via www.mcafee.com/activate. But in case, if the customer wants to uninstall this product then they should use McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR) to uninstall McAfee. In this blog, you will read the method to use McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR).
Things to Remember Before Using McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR):
- First, you should always download the current version of MCPR software. In case, you have the older version, then just delete it from your device.
- Secondly, before starting the process, you should close all the applications in your device.
- If McAfee software was already installed in your device while purchasing MCPR, then you should activate the McAfee account.
- At last, you should uninstall the McAfee Software from your device.
Method To Register Your Account:
To register your Account, you should first open the Application in your device. After this, you should choose ‘My Info’ option. Now, you have to select “Go to my Account” option. Then, you have to type your Email ID in the provided box. At this point, you need to select ‘Next’ button. Here, you have to choose ‘Create Password’ button. Then, type a password for your account. Keep in mind add a strong password here, which you can easily remember. After that, you need to select ‘Next’ and ‘Ok’ button. Just enter the same Email Id and Password in the provided field. Next, you should choose ‘Login’ option and then close the browser. In the taskbar, you need to select the ‘Show Hidden Icon’ option. Here, you should right-tap on the McAfee Icon and choose ‘Verify Subscription’ button. At last, you need to press ‘Yes’ button to register your account.
Method To Uninstall McAfee Product With MCPR:
To uninstall, you should right-hit on the Start Icon. After this, you need to choose ‘Run’ option. Here, you should type: appwiz.CPL. Then, you should double-tap on the application and press ‘Yes’ option. Here, you need to check both the options. At this point, select ‘Uninstall’ option. When the process finishes, you need to restart your computer system.
Method to Use McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool:
- First, you should open the link in order to download the application: https://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/SupportTools/MCPR/MCPR.exe
- After this, you should open the ‘File Explorer’ option.
- Now, you should choose ‘Downloads’ option.
- Here, you should right-tap on the downloaded application (MCPR.exe).
- Then, you should choose “Run as administrator”.
- At this point, you should choose ‘Yes’ and ‘Next’ option.
- Next, you should read the terms and conditions and then select ‘Agree’ option.
- Then, you should choose ‘Next’ option.
- You will view alphabets and numbers on the screen. Just type them in the provided space provided.
- After this, choose ‘Next’ button and then wait for the procedure to get completed.
- At last, just choose ‘Restart’ button.
While completing the process, if the customer faces any kind of difficulty then visit to the official site of McAfee antivirus through mcafee.com/activate.