McAfee is popular anti-virus software which gives protection to your computer system from unwanted folders which is harmful for your device. It can install easily install and activate in your gadget via mcafee.com/activate. After installing, it continuously scans your device for viruses, Trojans, and malware. McAfee Web Control is a feature of McAfee antivirus software which allows safe browsing of the website without any issue. It provides updated Web Control browser toolbars, which helps the user browser experience. Nowadays, Web Control is integrated with Threat Prevention by utilizing Global Threat Intelligence. Through this way, you can safely use the internet without any fear of threat such as you can surf the websites, open emails, and can also download files. In this blog, you will read about the McAfee Web Control.
What are the Features Web Control?
- McAfee web control enables the control plug-ins in the browser.
- Before you download any file from the internet, it scans the files so that there is no virus in it.
- Before you open any URL in your device, it checks them for threat.
- It hides the Web Control toolbar without disable the McAfee protection.
- Most importantly, it blocks the risky websites so that it does not display in the search results.
- Web control adds external websites to the local private network.
- You can take information about a particular website when you are browsing over the net.
- The Web Control button is present on the browser, and the user can click it to view the information about specific website.
- While searching, the user can see the site report.
- If you want more information about particular site, then you can tap on the Safety button which is on the search results page of the browser.
Method to Enable Web Control:
The user can enable Web Control through different ways in different web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and in Mozilla Firefox.
For Internet Explorer:
- First, you have to click on the Enable button.
- In case, the user sees more than one plug-in is available, then you should tap on Choose add-ons and then hit on Enable option from the Web Control Toolbar.
For Google Chrome:
- First, you should tap on the Settings and then hit on the Extensions.
- After this, you should tap on Enable option to activate Endpoint Security Web Control.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- From Start Page of Mozilla Firefox, you should tap on Extensions. Keep in mind Plug-ins in Firefox is known as Extensions.
- After this, you should choose Enable option to activate Web Control.
Why McAfee web control is not responding?
Sometimes, users complained that if the system reboots itself Web Control service is not responding. The web control system fails to respond, when it is waiting for the dependent service to start. This issue occurs when the dependent service take more than 30 milliseconds to start then Web Control service is stopped by Windows automatically.
How to fix if McAfee web control is not responding?
- First, you should log in to McAfee Endpoint Security Web Control Service.
- After this, you should manually start it from the service user interface.
- For this, you should press Windows and then type services.msc and tap on OK button. This method will enable web control service.
For more information about McAfee Web Control, visit to the official website of McAfee antivirus via www.mcafee.com/activate.