McAfee is the security product which monitors the network traffic and timely scans the data to protect it from malware and other harmful infections. This software can install through www.mcafee.com/activate. In this blog, you will read the method to create Administrator and Retrieve Administrator Password in McAfee.
Method To Create the Administrator in McAfee:
- First, you have to create the administrator account and then log into the official McAfee website via mcafee.com/activate.
- After this, in the website page you have to click on the Menu option and then look for User Management.
- Then, you need to tap on the User Management option and then hit on New User.
- Now, the dialog box appears on your screen and then you should enter the user details in it.
- At this point, you should type the username and the email address of the user which you want to name as administrator. When you enter the detail in the specific field, then an invitation message will be sent to the user’s email address.
- Here, the user must use the invitation mail which is sent by McAfee in order to activate the Standard User account.
- In case, the users want to transfer the Owner User Permissions to the new user, then you should hit on the Menu option in the McAfee official page and just choose the User Management.
- At last, you should select the user from the set and then tap on the Transfer Ownership to this User option. Then, you will see all the administrator rights will automatically get transferred to the user which you have selected.
Method To Retrieve Administrator Password in McAfee:
- For this, you should use the registered email id in order to reset your password.
- Keep in mind that retrieving the old password is slightly complicated.
- For this, you should open the McAfee software on your computer system and then tap on My Account.
- Here, you should select My Info or Your Subscription tab.
- Then, the user will see their registered email id under the subscription details.
- You should go to the registered email id and then click on the Login button.
- At this point, you should enter the email id in the specific field and then tap on Forgot Your Password?
- If it prompts, then again you need to enter your registered email id and then tap on Send Email.
- After this, you should login to your mail and then check the Inbox.
- Here, you will receive an email to Reset your McAfee password.
- At last, you should select the link which is given in the email and then just follow the instructions to set a new password.
Method To Add Users:
- You should log in to your McAfee account by using your credentials.
- After this, you should select the image of your profile which is present at the top right side of the screen and then click on the Account option.
- Then, you should click on the Users tab and then select Add User option.
- At last, you need to fill the details and then select Add User button.
The above method will help you to create Administrator and Retrieve Administrator password in McAfee. For more details, you need to tap on the McAfee via www.mcafee.com/retailcard.