Earlier when people use to travel, they protect their password; keep their wallet out of the hands of thieves. But today in this digital world, they have to protect themselves while using public Wi-Fi. Because, un- secured public Wi-Fi expose your sensitive data which is there in your online accounts. Hence, McAfee antivirus team gives tips to its user how they can secure themselves on Public Wi-Fi. The customer can easily activate this software in their devices through www.mcafee.com/activate. This software is used for Mac, Computer, laptop, and Android Phones. In this article, you will learn how you can secure yourself on Public Wi-Fi.
Consequences of Un-Secured Public Wi-Fi:
- Stolen Credit Card Numbers: Hackers can easily steal your credit card information if incase, you are using public Wi-Fi. Hackers set up a Man in the Middle attack. When the user enters their credit card information to purchase online, then hacker can steal your bank information and the cyber thieves can monitor everything which you do online.
- Stolen Bank Account Information: Attackers can steal your bank account information if you totally rely on public Wi-Fi. When you log into your online bank account, they can monitor your online bank account like if you enter your payment card information while banking or shopping online. It is advised never use public Wi-Fi to shop online or never check your bank account details. For help, visit to mcafee.com/activate.
- Steal Username and Passwords: While using public Wi-Fi you log into the site, then you enter your usernames and passwords. But the risk of exposing log-in credentials to hackers increases. Hence, when you log into bank site and enter the details then attackers can easily snatch those credentials and can log into your bank account. It is advised never access financial sites through public Wi-Fi.
- Infect your Computer with Malware: Hackers can send malware to your devices such as laptop, smartphone etc. while using public Wi-Fi.
Stay Protected While Using Public Wi-Fi:
- Check your Settings: First, you should check your settings on your devices like PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets. You should turn off the features which will automatically connect your gadgets to public Wi-Fi network like Bluetooth.
- Change Passwords: The user should change your passwords before travelling. If you log in to your accounts through public Wi-Fi, you should keep new and complex passwords.
- Updates Your Software: It is advised you should update your software and apps and do not ignore it. You should install McAfee antivirus in your device via mcafee.com/activate and keep it updated.
- Avoid Sensitive Sites: You should avoid logging in to any online accounts or sensitive sites which has your sensitive information.
- Check your URLs: When you browse online, you should make sure the URL of the website must begins with “HTTPS”. Because, HTTPS sites are secure sites.
For easy installation of McAfee antivirus software, you should visit to the site via www.mcafee.com/activate.