If the user find an Installation incomplete error on Window, when they are trying to install McAfee LiveSafe, or Total Protection in their devices. Read the below blog, to resolve McAfee software error on Windows. For help, visit to the site of McAfee via www.mcafee.com/activate.
- You must fulfill McAfee minimum system requirement for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Remove the incompatible third-party firewalls or security software.
- You should install the latest updates on your PC.
Install McAfee Software Install Helper on Windows 11, 10.x or 8.x:
- First, you should download and run McAfee Software Install Helper tool in your device.
- After this, you should type your registered email address and password and then hit on Login button.
- At this point, you should tap on Start button, and then accept the License Agreement. You should uninstall and reinstall McAfee software to fix the issue. This tool will take 15 minutes to complete.
- If the McAfee Software Install Helper tool completes, then your issue is solved.
If your Computer is running Window 7.x:
1. Temporarily Enable Administrator Account:
For this, you should open a command prompt as Administrator. Now, you should type the command and hit on Enter key:
net user administrator /active:yes
Then, you should close the command prompt. At this point, you should tap on Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together. Here, you need to tap on Log out or Sign out, to log off Windows. At the end, in the sign-in screen, you should tap on the Administrator account and then sign in. This sign-in process will take time to complete.
Install and Run MCPR tools on Windows 7:
For running MCPR tool, you should save all open files and close all programs.
First, you have to download the MCPR tool and then double tap on MCPR.exe. In case, you view a security warning then hit on Yes, Continue, or Run according to your Windows version. Here at the McAfee Software Removal screen, you should tap on Next and then Agree button to accept the End User License Agreement. Then at the Security Validation screen, you should type the characters which appear on your screen and tap on Next button. If the process is complete, you see one of the messages i.e. Removal Complete or Cleanup Unsuccessful. At the end, again Restart your PC.
2. Run McAfee Pre-install tool:
First, you should download the Pre-Install Tool. Then, you should double-tap on the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file. Now, you should read the warning message and then tap on OK button to agree to the changes. When the Preinstall Tool completes, then tap on OK and Close button. Lastly, just restart your computer.
3: Disable Administrator account:
First, you need to tap on Ctrl+Alt+Del keys altogether. Now, you should tap on Log out or Sign out, in order to exit the Administrator account. Here, you should Sign in with your normal account. At this point, you should open a command prompt as Administrator. Here, you need to type the command and hit on Enter key.
net user administrator /active:no
At last, you should close the command prompt and the built-in Administrator account is disabled.
With this procedure, you can resolve McAfee Software error on Windows. For more help, go to the McAfee via mcafee.com/activate.