McAfee is the antivirus software which protects your device from hacker’s attack. And this software can install via www.mcafee.com/activate. In this blog, you will read the method to fix download or install issues related to McAfee website.
Method To Fix Download or Install Issues Related To McAfee Website:
Error 1: When you open the McAfee Homepage, you see errors:
In order to fix this issue, the user should delete the temporary files and cookies.
Method for Chrome:
- First, you have to open Chrome.
- Then in the upper-right side of the screen, you should hit on the menu icon i.e. the three dots vertically.
- Now, you should hit on More tools.
- At this point, you should tap on Clear browsing data.
- Here, you have to choose the Advanced option.
- After this, you have to choose Browsing history, Download history, Cached images and files, and Cookies and other site data.
- Next, you should tap on Clear browsing data.
- Then, you have to close Chrome.
- At last, you should Reopen Chrome.
In case, the user uses a different browser:
- First, you should look for options under Settings, Tools, or More.
- Then, you have to delete cookies and website data.
- At last, you should close and then reopen your browser.
After implementing these steps, you should again try to access the McAfee homepage. If you find errors while opening McAfee homepage, then you should contact McAfee Customer Service.
Error 2: If you are sent to a non-McAfee website or view a blank page:
This issue occurs when malware sends your browser to a different website, or it displays a blank page. If you find either of these issues, then your PC might be infected.
To fix this issue, you should run the McAfee GetSusp tool, which checks the suspicious files and malware in your PC.
The user should download GetSusp on different computer, in you’re your computer blocked from accessing mcafee.com/activate.
- For this, you should visit to the McAfee GetSusp product page.
- After this, you should tap on Download GetSusp.
- Now, you should review the Software License.
- Then, you should tap on Download Now.
- When you download GetSusp on a different computer, then you should copy the GetSusp.exe file from the computer to a USB memory stick. Now, you should plug the memory stick in the computer which is infected.
- At this point, you should double-click on GetSusp.exe.
- Here, at the Windows security prompt, you should hit on Yes button.
- Next, you should hit on Scan Now option.
- At last, in the License Agreement screen you should hit on I accept the agreement and then tap on OK button.
Error 3: If no programs which you can install from McAfee Account:
- First, you should log out of home.mcafee.com.
- Then, you should identify the correct email address which you use to sign in. In order to identify the correct email address, then you should check your email accounts for messages from McAfee about your account.
- At this point, you should Sign into home.mcafee.com with the correct your email address.
- Again, try to install McAfee.
If the user, still find issues then contact Customer Service.
The above method will help you to fix Download or Install issues related to McAfee Website. For more help, go to mcafee.com/activate.