There is a chance of getting an error when you try to download and install a McAfee product. Sometimes the installation of a McAfee product fails with this error message “installation complete” in windows system. This error can occur due to several reasons and further in this article, we will tell you how you can fix this error in your systems by yourself. There are three solutions available that you can do it yourself to avoid this error. First, you have to keep the following points in your mind before starting the troubleshooting:
- First, you should close all the running applications in your system and then restart your system.
- Next step is to make sure that you have a stable and fast internet connection.
- The system requirements for downloading and installing any McAfee product must match with your system configuration.
- Uninstall and remove any other antivirus software on your system.
- Your windows must be updated to the latest available version.
After making sure the above mentioned requirement you can further proceed to fix the error by choosing any of the solution suitable for you.
Follow the steps in Solution 1 in order to resolve your issue. If the problem still exists after completing these steps then try the steps mentioned in Solution 2.
- Download and install Pre-install tool. This tool formulates your window device for fresh McAfee Installation.
- To access the downloaded tool easily save it to your desktop.
- In order to run the Pre-Install setup file double click on the icon.
- Read all the software related information before it installs.
- Click “OK” to initiate the process.
- Restart your device once the installation is complete.
If you are still unable to install your McAfee product even after following the Solution 1 then try the steps mentioned in Solution 2. For this, you have to enable the administrator account first as sometimes the installation fails due to the absence of permission from an administrator. In order to manually enable the administrator account to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press the Start button from your keyboard, type “CMD” in a search bar and then press enter.
- Right-click on the prompted command and select “run as administrator”.
- Next step is to enter this command “net user administrator/active: yes” and then close the command prompt.
- Now press “Alt + Control + Delete” keys simultaneously.
- Click on Sign Out or Log Out in order to log off from Windows.
- Log back in by clicking on Administrator Account.
Now try reinstalling your McAfee product.
If you are still unable to install your McAfee product even after following the Solution 2 then try the steps mentioned in Solution 3. The third solution for fixing this error is to download and run McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR). This is a very effective tool that helps you to remove any unwanted files from your previous McAfee subscription. In order to download and run McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR) follow the steps mentioned below:
- Download the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR) from McAfee.com/Activate.
- After downloading run the setup file while agreeing to its terms and conditions.
- Click on “Next” button after the Security Validation screen will pop up on your screen.
- This will clean your device from unwanted files from your previous subscription.
Now try reinstalling your McAfee product. If you are still unable to install your McAfee product even after following all the three mentioned solutions then just visit McAfee.com/Activate for further assistance and support.