McAfee antivirus is the advanced security product which blocks the cyber threat immediately and gives you the alert notification before it harms your device. This product can install through www.mcafee.com/activate. In this blog, you will read the method to configure Shredder Setting, Parental Control and Privacy Setting in McAfee.
Configure Shredder Setting:
Shredder is the feature of McAfee which removes unwanted deleted files and also protects your privacy.
- To configure Shredder Setting, you have to right-click on the M icon which is next to the clock in the Windows Taskbar.
- After this, you should hit on Open McAfee Security Center. Then in the window, you should select Data Protection.
- At this point, you should choose the Shredder link just under the Data Protection option.
- Here in the next window, you should choose Recycle Bin, Temporary Internet Files or Let me choose just under Choose a folder to shared.
- Now under the Choose the shred type drop-down menu, you need to select the type of shred like Quick, Basic, Safe, Comprehensive, or Complete.
- Then, you have to click on Shred and then you should select the same in the next window.
- At last, you should click on Done and then the shredding procedure is complete.
Configure Parental Control App:
- First, you need to Power on your computer system and then open the McAfee product.
- After this, you should go to the Parental Controls tab and then hit on Parent Control.
- Now, you need to click on Set in the Administrator Password section.
- Here, you should type a new password and then set a hint for it.
- At this point, you should click on Next and then a confirmation dialog box will display on the screen.
- Then, you will start protection for specific child users.
- Next, you have to select the appropriate age range for the specified user.
- Keep in mind that each range comes with pre-configured settings.
- When you complete the setup, then tap on Done option.
- At last, you should click on Optional Settings in order to block a specified site which has inappropriate results. For more detail, hit on mcafee.com/retailcard.
Configure Privacy Setting:
- If your computer system has Internet 6.x, then launch it. Here, the user can find Internet Options under the Tools menu.
- If the user is in the Internet web zone, then you should set the security level to medium or lower.
- At this point, you should Set to the Default level option for recommended settings.
- Here, you should Activate the ActiveX controls just under the Customer level. Now, you should confirm the Install McAfee Antivirus Software changes just by hitting on the OK option.
- Now, you should set the Privacy tab and then hit on Advanced.
- After this, you should check the Override Automatic cookie handling and also Always allow session are chosen. Then, tap on OK button.
- At last, you should exit Internet Explorer.
The above method helps to configure Shredder Setting, Parental Control app, and Privacy setting in McAfee. If the customer need help, then go to www.mcafee.com/activate.