McAfee antivirus is the popular security product which secures your computer from advanced threat such as Trojan, malware, virus etc. and can be installed through mcafee.com/activate. This software is fully compatible with all the devices like Windows, Mac, Android, and Laptop. It timely provides notification to fix the patches and bugs in your device. Sometimes, user face issue like McAfee Security Not Appearing in System Tray. In order to fix this issue, the user should follow the below method.
Reason of McAfee Security Not Appearing in System Tray Issue:
The reason of the McAfee Security Not Appearing in System Tray issue are error from the user end, incomplete set up download, corrupt files, improper installation, and also hardware issues.
Method to Resolve McAfee Security Not Appearing in System Tray Issue:
- First, you should visit to Run Command box by pressing Window + R button.
- After this, you should type Regedit and then tap on OK button.
- If the user is having 32-bit systems, go to following key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- If the user is having 64-bit systems, go to the following key: HKLM\Software\Wow6432node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- Now, you should right click and choose the option of New, String Value.
- Here, you should name the new REG_SZ string value and give the following for Value data: “McAfeeUpdaterUI”=””C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86\UpdaterUI.exe” /StartedFromRunKey”
- At the end, press OK after the process.
- The user should search for the McAfee logo in the Start Menu.
- After this, go to Start and search for McAfee.
- Now, you should visit to all application and then look for McAfee from the list.
- If the user find the McAfee logo present there, then they should drag it to the desktop.
- At last, the user can check the status just by double clicking on McAfee logo.
Method 3: Check McAfee is Installed in your Computer:
- First, you have to visit to Start option and then tap on Control Panel.
- After this, you should select Program and Features option.
- Now, you should search for McAfee antivirus.
- Or, the user can go to Start, the type Program and Feature and then look for McAfee.
Check McAfee is Available in the List of Program:
- For this, first you should go to Start option and then select Programs and then go to McAfee.
- In case, McAfee is installed, then go this path:
Web Browser >C:\ Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Platform
- Now, you should tap on McUICnt.exe.
- Then, you have to tap on Create Shortcut.
- If you do not find McAfee there, then download and install McAfee program from the internet and then follow the instructions to install.
Through this above method, the user can be able to resolve the McAfee Security not appearing in System Tray issue. For more help related McAfee antivirus software, the user should visit to the official site of McAfee via www.mcafee.com/activate .