McAfee is one of the most used antivirus software throughout the globe. With all the best features to save your systems from external threats and viruses McAfee antivirus also offers you Parental Control feature in its security tools. With the help of Parental control feature, you can set the limit of internet access for your kids. This means by simply using this feature you can set the internet usage limit as well as the websites your kids can visit. Now you can secure your kid’s online activity by using McAfee Parental Control feature.
Following are the features of McAfee Parental Control:
- Secure Browsing: This feature helps your kid to access the secure content. It will keep your kid away from inappropriate content.
- Password Protection: You can use McAfee Parental Control features with a protected password so that no other person can change or modify your initial settings.
- Filter List: By using McAfee Parental Control filter list feature you can block any particular website that you think is not appropriate for your kids.
- Age appropriate website filter: This feature allows you to change or review the content which is accessible to your kids. With this feature, you can make sure that your kids are accessible to only age appropriate websites and content.
McAfee Parental Control feature plays a vital role in protecting the digital world of your kids from all kinds of external threats and viruses. This feature also allows you to view your kid’s online activities, get the access to your kid’s current location and checked in places.
You have to make sure that each user has an individual windows account before proceeding with the parental control setup. First you have to setup administrator password so that no other person can change or modify your initial settings. To setup the administrator password just follow the below mentioned step by step instructions:
- Open your McAfee product
- Click on the “Parental Control” button
- Click on the Parental Control link
- Once you have clicked on the link then you will be redirected to Administrator Password Section. Click on “Set” button
- Set a secure password and confirm it by typing it again
- Enter a hint for your password in Enter Password Hint section
- Click on “Next”
- Click “OK” to confirm the changes you have made
Your Administrator Password has been set and now you can setup Parental Control for individual users. To setup McAfee Parental Control for individual users just follow the below mentioned step by step instructions:
- Click on “Protect” button which will be visible in front of the account you want to modify
- Select the age range for the particular user account. (Each range filter are pre-configured to help the user block particular type of websites)
- To implement secure browsing for your user account click on the “Optional Settings”
- Now you can select allow or block for any website which will further add these websites to the white or blacklist as per the your selection
- Now click on “Online Schedule” to enter the time duration within which the particular user can access the internet
- Select ‘I want to choose when my child can go online’
- Two colours will be visible White and Green. White indicates the time duration within which the internet access is denied on the other hand the green colour indicates the time duration within which the user have the access of internet.
If any user tries to access the internet during the prohibited period that you have selected in the white portion, the McAfee antivirus software will notify the particular user that they don’t have the access to the internet. If you are facing any difficulties or challenges in following the above mentioned steps for generating Administrators Password and setting up Parental Control just visit McAfee.com/Activate for further assistance and support.