McAfee antivirus is the outstanding security software which secures your device and data from cyber threat like malware and viruses. This antivirus can install and activate via www.mcafee.com/activate. Today, social media has become the common source of entertainment these days and people used to share all their information on it. While using Social Media, the user must follow some security tips for the protection of their data and device. Hence, in this blog you will read the safety tips to secure your Social Media Network.
Safety Tips To Secure Social Media Network:
- On Social Media, the user can become a victim at any time. So, it is advised you should think before you post anything on social network because status updates, photos and also the comments can reveal more about you which you don’t want to disclose.
- It is highly recommended that you should avoid answering to the questions in public with details such as your middle name because this information helps the financial institutions to check your identity.
- The user must think twice, when you get applications which request for your permission to access your data. If incase, you grant the permission, then you might be allowing an unknown person to send you email, post to your wall and they can also access your information at any time.
- It is advised you should not click on short links which do not show the link location because hackers generally post phony links in order to view your profile. The user can test the unknown links at Siteadvisor.com by just pasting the link in the “View a Site Report” which is on the right-hand side of the page.
- The user should get aware of posts which has the subjects of, “LOL! Look at the video I found of you!” When the user tap on the link, then you will see a message which asks you to upgrade your video player if you want to view the clip, but when the user download the “upgrade,” then it install malware in your device which try to steals your valuable data.
- If you find the post on social media which sounds to be unusual or odd then be cautious because it might be a scam.
- In your social media privacy settings, you must choose the secure options and also made changes which do not open your profile to the public.
- On Social media network, it is advised you should disable Geolocation apps because it shares your exact location through which hackers came to know that you aren’t at home, hence you should not broadcast your personal information.
- The user must use an updated browser because older browsers have more security flaws.
- It is suggested you should select unique logins and passwords for each websites you use. The user can take help of the password managers in order to create and store secure passwords for all your accounts.
For the safety of your device, the user must install McAfee antivirus through www.mcafee.com/activate and keep it up to date.