McAfee is the amazing product which safeguards your valuable data and device from unknown internet threat. This software can install via www.mcafee.com/activate. In this blog, you will read the method to fix various McAfee errors and their solution.
Method To Troubleshoot Various McAfee Error:
1. Fix “Download Cannot Continue – No Internet Connection”:
This error occurs sue to the network problem.
- If you find the download stops, then you should wait for few minutes. In this situation, you should again try to download it and then check the issue has been solved or not.
- Make sure you have high-speed Internet connection.
- You can go to the McAfee Consumer Support homepage and then run the Virtual Technician.
- You should click on the Download and Run option and then save the file as mvt.exe.
- After this, you should double-click on the file to run it.
- Now, you should give permissions to run MVT just by selecting the Yes option in the Windows User Account Control dialog box.
- MTV will scan your computer system in order to check if there any problem.
- Next, you should click on the Autofix option to let MTV to fix the issue.
- At last, you should remove any third party firewalls or any other security applications which is available on your computer system.
2. Fix “Unable To Continue Installation – Error 0”:
1. To fix the issue, you should install the security application again and then check if the issue persists or not.
2. You should try the installation process from a different browser.
3. It is advised you should change the DNS settings on your network card to a public server.
4. It is suggested you should visit to the manufacturer’s support page and visit to the virtual technician section.
5. For this, you should download and run the application.
6. Then, enable the Allow MVT to Run option and just wait till the MVR finishes scanning.
7. Now, you should select the Autofix option if the application detects the problem.
8. If the above method cannot solve the issue, visit to www.mcafee.com/activate.
3. Fix VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete:
1. To solve the issue, you should open your McAfee software on your computer system and then tap on Navigation. After this, you should select General Settings and Alerts.
2. Now, you should open Access Protection and then disable Use Access Protection just by tapping on the checkbox.
3. Then, you should download the ModifyCntxtld.exe tool from the manufacturer’s site and then save it on your desktop.
4. At this point, you should right-click on the tool and then select Run as Administrator option.
5. Here, in the User Access Control prompt, you have to tap on Yes option.
6. After this, you should go back to the McAfee product’s home screen and then hit on Navigation.
7. Next, you should select General Settings & Alerts and then open the Access Protection tab.
8. Now, you should tap on the Use Access Protection checkbox and then select Apply.
9. At last, you need to restart your computer and then run a scan.
The above are some of the McAfee errors and their solutions. If the customer need more help, then they navigate to the official site of McAfee via mcafee.com/retailcard.