McAfee Total Protection suit has the ability to protect and secure your multiple devices from external threats and virus attacks. As soon as the latest update arrives McAfee notifies you of the latest updates available. If you have recently installed McAfee Total Protection on your device and facing the error “McAfee Activation Error 1920”, this can happen because of the following reasons:
1. Incomplete installation or corrupt download can interrupt the installation process.
2. Your system drivers might not be compatible with the software.
3. Sometimes a malware infection corrupts the Windows system files.
4. Another program may have deleted the files related to McAfee.
5. Fault in system settings.
You might see the following different error messages with the error code 1920:
1. McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise Error 1920.
2. Error 1920 service McAfee framework failed to start.
3. Error 1920 service McAfee task manager failed to start.
4. McAfee framework service failed to start.
There are various methods available for you to overcome the McAfee Activation Error 1920. Certain steps mentioned below can actually help you troubleshoot McAfee Activation Error 1920 with ease. Just follow them carefully and get rid of those on a permanent basis.
Method 1 – Install and run McAfee Virtual Technician Tool.
1. Visit McAfee.com/Activate and navigate to Troubleshoot and Repair option.
2. Click on the “Download” button to initiate downloading the setup.
3. Once the downloading is complete run the setup by double clicking on the file “mvt.exe” in your download’s folder.
4. Click “Yes” to allow the program to make changes in your system.
5. Follow the on screen instructions.
6. The scanning will start automatically once the installation is complete.
7. Click on “OK” button.
8. Click on “Autofix” and follow the on screen instructions.
9. If MVT does not found any issues then restart your system and again try to install the updates.
10. If your problem has not been resolved by MVT then kindly visit McAfee.com/Activate for further assistance and support.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall McAfee
In order to uninstall McAfee from your system follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Click on the ‘Start’ button of your device and then open “Control Panel”.
2. After opening “Control Panel” select the view to be ‘Category View’.
3. Select McAfee program under the ‘Program’ menu to uninstall the program.
4. Now right click on the McAfee software and click on ‘Uninstall’.
5. Click on ‘Yes’ when the confirmation box prompted on your screen.
6. Restart your device after the uninstallation of McAfee is completed.
Once your system has completely uninstalled the McAfee product try reinstalling it. For this close all the other running applications and also check for your system updates. Now follow the below mentioned instructions to reinstall the McAfee product:
1. Open your web browser and navigate to McAfee.com/Activate.
2. Log in to your McAfee account using your login credentials.
3. Select and download the latest version of the McAfee software.
4. Once the downloading is complete, go tour download folder and double click on the downloaded icon to run the installation.
5. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.
6. Once the setup has finished installing the McAfee software, open the software and choose your language and country.
7. Enter the ‘Activation Code’ to successfully activate the McAfee Antivirus.
If you are still unable to fix the issue even after following the mentioned solutions then just visit McAfee.com/Activate for further assistance and support.