It has become very important for you to secure your computers from external threats and virus attacks. Once a virus enters your system it could create various problems. To avoid these threats and viruses you just have to install McAfee Total Protection in all your systems. For doing this you just need to visit McAfee.com/Activate and you will be able to download, install and activate McAfee Total Protection in your system. McAfee Total Protection suit has the ability to protect and secure your multiple devices from external threats and virus attacks. There is a chance that you might face a common installation error 7305 while installing McAfee Total Protection in your system. Following are the symptoms of the McAfee Antivirus Error 7305:
- Suddenly crashing of the active program window.
- Error prompts on the screen while downloading or installing McAfee antivirus.
- Slow performance of windows device while using mouse or keyboard.
- Windows device freezes all of a sudden for few seconds.
There are various methods available for you to overcome the McAfee Antivirus Error 7305. Certain steps mentioned below can actually help you troubleshoot McAfee Antivirus Error 7305 with ease. Just follow them carefully and get rid of those on a permanent basis.
Method 1: Repair registry entries associated with Error 7305
Here is the process to repair registry files associated with McAfee error 7305 on a manual basis:
- Click on the “Start” button on your device and then type “Command” in the search bar.
- Hold the ‘Control’ and ‘Shift’ button on your keyboard and then press ‘Enter’.
- A permission dialog box will get prompted on your screen, click on ‘Yes’ to continue.
- Type “regedit” in the prompted black box on your screen with a blinking cursor and then press ‘Enter’ to open the registry editor.
- Select the key associated with McAfee Antivirus error 7305 to backup.
- Choose the export option from the file menu and select the folder where backup key needs to be saved.
- Provide a name for your backup file such as “McAfee Antivirus Backup”.
- Make sure that “selected branch” is selected in the export range box.
- Click save and make sure file gets saved with the “.reg” file extension.
- Secure backup of McAfee antivirus-related registry entry.
Method 2: By utilizing Pre-Install Tool
- Open the web browser in your device and visit com/Activate to download the Pre- Install Tool.
- Double click on the downloaded icon to run the installation setup.
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- To allow the program to make changes in your device click ‘OK’ then wait till the Pre-Install Tool completes the installation.
- First click on ‘OK’ then click on ‘Close’ after the successful completion of installation.
- Restart your device in order to save the changes you have made.
- Now you can download McAfee Antivirus by simply visiting McAfee.com/Activate and install in your system again.
Method 3: Try the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR)
- Open the web browser in your device and visit www.mcafee.com/Activate to download the MCPR Tool.
- Click on ‘Download Now’ button then click on ‘Save File’ in order to save the files in your system
- Navigate to download folder in your system and double click on the downloaded icon with a file name “exe” in order to run the installation setup.
- To allow the program to make changes in your device click ‘OK’ then wait till the MCPR Tool initiates the installation.
- Now click on ‘Agree’ and then ‘Next’ in order to agree with the software license agreement of the McAfee Antivirus.
- Type the characters displayed on your screen in the prompted dialog box and then click on ‘Next’.
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once you see ‘Removal complete’ then restart your device in order to save the changes you have made and then reinstall the McAfee Antivirus again.
If you are still unable to fix the issue even after following the mentioned solutions then just visit McAfee.com/Activate for further assistance and support.