Due to the very user friendly interface, the activation process of McAfee antivirus is very easy and does not require any technical knowledge. However, there are various common issues that you might face while downloading and installing the McAfee product. You can very easily get rid of these issues by yourself or you can get assistance and support via visiting McAfee.com/Activate. One of the very common error user’s face while downloading and installing McAfee is ‘Unable to continue installation Error 0’. You can very easily troubleshoot this error by yourself by following the different methods described below.
Method 1: By utilizing Pre-Install Tool
1. Open the web browser in your device and visit Www.McAfee.com/Activate to download the Pre- Install Tool.
2. Double click on the downloaded icon to run the installation setup.
3. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation process.
4. To allow the program to make changes in your device click ‘OK’ then wait till the Pre-Install Tool completes the installation.
5. First click on ‘OK’ then click on ‘Close’ after the successful completion of installation.
6. Restart your device in order to save the changes you have made.
7. Now you can download McAfee Antivirus by simply visiting McAfee.com/Activate and install in your system again.
Method 2 – Install and run McAfee Virtual Technician Tool.
1. Visit McAfee.com/Activate and navigate to Troubleshoot and Repair option.
2. Click on the “Download” button to initiate downloading the setup.
3. Once the downloading is complete run the setup by double clicking on the file “mvt.exe” in your download’s folder.
4. Click “Yes” to allow the program to make changes in your system.
5. Follow the on screen instructions.
6. The scanning will start automatically once the installation is complete.
7. Click on “OK” button.
8. Click on “Autofix” and follow the on screen instructions.
9. If MVT does not found any issues then restart your system and again try to install the updates.
10. If your problem has not been resolved by MVT then kindly visit McAfee.com/Activate for further assistance and support.
Method 3: Uninstall and Reinstall McAfee
In order to uninstall McAfee from your system follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Click on the ‘Start’ button of your device and then open “Control Panel”.
2. After opening “Control Panel” select the view to be ‘Category View’.
3. Select McAfee program under the ‘Program’ menu to uninstall the program.
4. Now right click on the McAfee software and click on ‘Uninstall’.
5. Click on ‘Yes’ when the confirmation box prompted on your screen.
6. Restart your device after the uninstallation of McAfee is completed.
Once your system has completely uninstalled the McAfee product try reinstalling it. For this close all the other running applications and also check for your system updates. Now follow the below mentioned instructions to reinstall the McAfee product:
1. Open your web browser and navigate to McAfee.com/Activate.
2. Log in to your McAfee account using your log in credentials.
3. Select and download the latest version of the McAfee software.
4. Once the downloading is complete, go tour download folder and double click on the downloaded icon to run the installation.
5. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.
6. Once the setup has finished installing the McAfee software, open the software and choose your language and country.
7. Enter the ‘Activation Code’ to successfully activate the McAfee Antivirus.
Method 4: Resolve DNS Issue
1. If the name resolution is slow then you may face this error – Unable Continue Installation Error 0.
2. To resolve this error you have to change the DNS settings on your Network card to a public server.
3. Click on the start button of your device and navigate to Control Panel.
4. In Control Panel click on ‘Network and Internet’ to change the DNS settings.
5. Click on ‘Network and Sharing Center’ then click on ‘Change Adapter Settings’ and then finally double click on the active network card.
6. Click on ‘Properties’ select “IPV4” and then click on ‘Properties’.
7. Under the DNS change the settings.
8. Now try to reinstall the McAfee product again.
If you are still unable to fix the issue even after following the mentioned solutions then just visit Www.McAfee.com/Activate for further assistance and support.