McAfee is one of best security product which timely scans your device to protect it from threats and can install via www.mcafee.com/activate. In this blog, you will read the method to solve if Quick Scan or Scheduled Scan is not working in McAfee.
Method to Resolve If Quick Scan Not Working:
- First, you should reboot the system. After rebooting, you should check if the scan feature is working properly.
- If incase, it didn’t work then you should enable the Access Protection feature. For this, you should open the antivirus interface on your system.
- Then from the Navigation menu, you should select the General Settings and Alerts option.
- Now under the Access protection option, you should tick the checkbox which is next to the Use Access Protection checkbox. After this, tap on the Apply button.
- Here, you should Restart your system and then check if you can scan or not.
- After this, you should remove the McAfee Antivirus from your system and then install it again. After installing, you should check if the McAfee Antivirus Scan not Working has been solved or not.
- At this point, you should turn on the system in safe mode. For this, you should turn on your system and when it is booting, you should press F8 button.
- Next, the black screen appears on your screen, and then you have to select Safe Mode option.
- At last, the system will restart in safe mode.
Method to Resolve if McAfee Scheduled Scan Not Working:
- For this, first launch the McAfee application on your computer.
- Then, you should click on the Settings button or the gear icon which is there at the top-right side of the screen.
- After this, you should select the General Settings & Alerts option which is followed by General Settings.
- Now, you should hit on the Radio button next to the ’Wait until my PC is idle to run scheduled tasks like scans, automatic updates, and QuickClean’ option if enabled.
- At last, you should click on the Apply button and then check if the scheduled scan is working on your computer or not.
For details about McAfee antivirus, go to the official site via www.mcafee.com/activate.