The error occurs if the anti-theft mobile apps and McAfee Mobile Security software are incompatible. And also if McAfee is unable to receive commands from the server. In order to solve issue, if the user need help, then visit mcafee.com/activate.
Method to Fix If Not Able to Unlock McAfee Mobile Security:
- If the software has no Internet connection to find the Forgot PIN option on the Device window.
- Then, McAfee gives a web portal which can be used for controlling and sending commands to the device.
- If the user is not able to unlock the device with the PIN, then you should Sign in by using your email address or mobile number. Then, go to the Lock Page window and then click on the Unlock option in order to send the command to the device. If you want to get the support PIN from the web page, then go to the official site and select Email option. After this, select Forgot PIN and then enter the mobile number or email ID. Here, you have to tick the checkbox next to the My mobile device is locked option. At this point, verify the email ID and then a mail will be sent with the support PIN in it.
- If you want to request the PIN from the device, then click on the Forgot PIN option.
- Here, you should choose Send me an email and then open your email and just use the support PIN to unlock your device.
- If you want to unlock your device by using Security Scan, then select Forgot PIN button.
- Now, you should tap on the Answer Security Question option and then enter the answers to all the questions which you have set previously.
- Then, you have to select the Submit button, and then enter a new PIN.
- At last, you should link your device with data connectivity in order to confirm that the new PIN is communicated to the server before the user Install Mcafee Antivirus in their device.
For more details about McAfee, navigate to www.mcafee.com/activate.